Top 5 Free PDF Printers for Windows 7
In our everyday file we often need to print Word document, HTML webpages etc. sometime it’s more convenient to just save them as a PDF file and use it later or e-mail it to someone. In this article I’ll suggest you’re few free PDF printers that might come handy for everyday use.
PrimoPDF is one of the popular PDF printers. It handles more than 300+ types of file types to print to PDF. It has the option to password protect the PDF, edit the author details and it support 1 click printing. PrimoPDF is a highly recommended PDF printer solution.
To download visit PrimoPDF.
Bullzip PDF Printer:
The Bullzip PDF Printer works as a Microsoft Windows printer and allows you to write PDF documents from Microsoft Windows application to a PDF document. Bullzip PDF printer is also a very well known printer in the PDF printing family. According to the website the features are:
- Print to PDF from almost any Windows program.
- Runs on Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/XP x64/2003/2003 x64/Vista/Vista x64/2008/Windows 7.
- Supports 64-bit operating systems.
- Direct output to the same file each time or prompt for destination.
- Control if the printer should ask if you want to see the resulting PDF document.
- Control output and prompts programmatically.
- Setup can run unattended.
- Graphical user interface.
- Password protect PDF documents.
- 128/40 bit encryption.
- Quality settings (screen, printer, eBook, prepress).
- Set document properties.
- Watermark text, size, rotation, and transparency.
- Superimpose/background documents.
- Appending/prepending documents.
- User interface control.
- Command line interface to all settings.
- COM/ActiveX interface for programmatic control.
- Support for Citrix MetaFrame
- Support for Windows Terminal Server
- Multiple output types supported: BMP, JPEG, PCX, PDF, PNG, and TIFF.
The Freeware has it’s limitation if you like the printer and want more option you can opt for the commercial version. You can visit Bullzip to download the application
doPDF is a free PDF converter for both personal and commercial use so there is less limitations compared with other freewares. Like other PDF printers they also claim to print from variety of formats with both 32 and 64-bit support. The main thing that attracted me is it doesn’t require 3rd party programs to make PDF files such as GhostScript or runtime environments like the .NET Framework. This makes the setup file to be incredibly small compared to other free PDF creator programs it.
Download it from doPDF website.
CutePDF printer has been around for quiet some time now. It’s used to be very popular. The features are pretty much the same others like printing from variety of formats. The only downside of this application is it requires Requires PS2PDF converter such as Ghostscript which some of the other PDF print doesn’t need so the size of the setup file would be larger compared to the others.
If you wish you download visit CutePDF’s website
PDFCreator is good application more like a commercial application due to it’s features like ability to merge the documents, send e-mail directly from the print page, it create PDF file with the industrial standards. You can add and edit different profiles etc. It’s a very good application which I’m using personally for PDF printing.
Note: When you install PDF Creator it will download a Adware and try to install it (it comes as a second MSI installer) just decline it and rest of the application will get installed.
You can download it from PDFCreator’s website.