Troubleshooting General Issues with Internet Explorer
This is small utility for Troubleshooting Internet Explorer issues. It will Flush DNS, Re-register concern dlls for Internet Explorer (3 different types 64-Bit, 32 Bit on 64-Bit OS and 32-Bit) Reset IE to Default settings, Reset Winsock. SF IE Restorator will work with Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7. It will work with other operating system only if you have .NET Frameworks 3.5 installed. Some Antivirus / Firewall might detect SF IE Restorator Tool is Trojan its just a False positive because the publisher is unknown. Nothing to worry it won’t harm your Computer
Note: Make sure when you open the application your Right Click on the icon and click Run as administrator.
Flush / Review DNS IP:
Most DNS clients cache the results of name resolution requests. This means that the DNS clients will temporarily store the website names that you have been visiting lately. This process speeds up name resolution if multiple lookups are done to the same address, such as is common when browsing the web. Hence, if you visit Yahoo.com second time, the DNS client will already have the name mapped and hence will retrieve the mapping quickly. Sometimes a bad DNS entry will be cached and you will need to either flush the DNS cache to get rid of it.
Re-register IE: There are collections of routines that are stored until a program uses them. If these files are corrupt or out of date, they can cause problems with your computer. To fix this problem, re-register the .dll files.
Reset IE: If the problem is caused by damaged or incompatible Internet Explorer settings or add-ons, you can usually resolve the problem by resetting Internet Explorer settings.
Reset Winsock: Most of the Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings. Windows sockets settings may get corrupted due to the installation of a networking software, or perhaps due to Malware infestation. You will be able connect to the Internet, but the packets won’t transfer back and forth. Resetting Winsock might fix the issue.
WARNING: Before running the Reset Winsock make sure you close all applications first since it will restart the computer.
1. The first step which always you could try is to disable the add-ons and see if that works or fix the problem that you have with IE.
Start | Under search | Internet Explorer (No Add-ons)
It will open the Internet Explorer without any add-ons then see if you have the same problem. If that fixes it then next thing is to enable the add-ons one by one to find the culprit.
a. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
b. Under Show, click All add-ons.
c. Click the add-on you want to disable, and then click Disable
2. To delete ActiveX controls
1.Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2.Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
3.Under Show, click Downloaded controls to display all ActiveX controls.
4.Click the ActiveX control you want to delete, and then click More information.
5.In the More Information dialog box, click Remove.
3. Next steps which used to fix almost all the issues with Internet Explorer is to reset the Internet explorer to Default Settings
1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer.
3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
7. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
8. Close Internet Explorer.
Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
You could use Mircosoft Fixit Tool to do it for you.
Click this link to download it Reset Internet Explorer settings
Note: This will delete personal settings, some webpages that rely on previously stored cookies, form data, passwords, or previously installed browser add-ons might not work correctly. Resetting Internet Explorer’s settings is not reversible.
4. IE is slow to start and/or open new tabs check this article this should help to fix most of the performance issues Unshackling IE8 Performance – EricLaw’s IEInternals – Site Home – MSDN Blogs
5. Video freezes or crashes in Internet Explorer or Windows programs
Follow this article Video freezes or crashes in Internet Explorer or Windows programs
6. Often connection problems are caused by malformed winsock entries and invalid LSPs (Layered Service Providers). LSP entries are responsible for managing your inbound and outbound internet traffic.
Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as Administrator
netsh winsock reset catalog (resets winsock entries)
netsh int ip reset reset.log (resets TCP/IP stack)
Reboot the System then Test it.
7. Quite frequently, internet connection problems can be traced to a corrupted DNS cache. Resetting or Flushing this cache is an easy fix to many of these problems
Start | CMD | Right Click and Run as Administrator